Touch A Truck
By: Junior League of Baton Rouge, Inc.
BREC State Fairgrounds
Airline Highway 17200, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
United States View On Map
TOUCH A TRUCK is a city-wide event where children can get up close and personal with real trucks and meet the individuals who protect, serve, and build Baton Rouge.
The event is on Saturday, April 17, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Venue: BREC State Fairgrounds at Airline Highway Park
17200 Airline Highway, Baton Rouge, LA 70810
Tickets: $30 Car Pass. Your Car Pass is valid for one passenger size vehicle with a maximum of 8 guests, including the driver. Limousines, buses, 12 or 15-Passenger Vans, golf carts, ATV's and trailers are not permitted into the event.
DUE TO COVID-19 AND SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES, THE 6TH ANNUAL TOUCH A TRUCK WILL BE DRIVE THRU ONLY. THE SAFETY OF OUR ATTENDEES IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY AND IN ORDER TO DELIVER A SAFE EVENT, THIS YEAR’S TOUCH A TRUCK WILL TAKE PLACE IN A DRIVE THRU FORMAT. FOR ONE YEAR ONLY WE NEED TO TAKE THE “TOUCH” OUT OF TOUCH A TRUCK.
IMPORTANT SAFETY REMINDER: Face coverings will be required for anyone in the vehicle who is interacting with Junior League volunteers and Touch A Truck participants.
Touch A Truck 2021 Drive-Thru FAQ's
· How long does the Drive-Thru Touch A Truck experience take? We anticipate Drive-Thru Touch A Truck will take between 30 minutes and an hour.
· What type of vehicles are allowed into the event? Your Car Pass is valid for one passenger size vehicle that can host up to a maximum of 8 guests, including the driver. Mini-Vans, Trucks (ie. F-150), and Sport Utility 4x4 vehicles are acceptable.
Note: Limousines, buses, 12 or 15-Passenger Vans, golf carts, ATV's and trailers are not permitted into the event.
· How will my child “explore” the trucks? While driving through the event, children will be able to see the vehicles, trucks, and equipment up close from the car. We encourage you to roll down your windows and have as much fun from the safety of your vehicle as you would like!
· Will we be allowed to get out of the vehicle? For the safety of participants and volunteers, all participants must remain inside their vehicles.
· Will bathrooms be available? As the safety of our participants and volunteers is of the utmost importance, we will not be providing bathrooms for attendees driving through the event.
· What is included in our ticket purchase? Touch A Truck Car Pass Tickets will allow entry for one single passenger size vehicle that can accommodate up to a max number of 8 people in total.
· May I drive through multiple times? Due to time constraints and ticketed time slots to allow as many families as possible to see this event, each ticket will only allow for one entry to the event.
· Did the event location move? No. The event will once again be held at the BREC State Fairgrounds.
· Will there be Quiet Hours? Yes, Quiet Hours are from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. for children who would like to participate in the event but need less sensory stimulation.
· Will food and drink be included? We are working to provide access to food and drink during the Drive Thru Touch a Truck experience. If we can safely administer food, this will be included in the ticket price. Stay tuned for more details!
· Will birthday party packages be available this year? Unfortunately, we will not have any birthday party packages this year.
Due to the changing nature of COVID-19, we will update these FAQs as necessary. Please check back occasionally for new information.
Touch A Truck Ticketing Terms of Conditions
Tickets for Drive-Thru Touch A Truck are nonrefundable. Should you be unable to attend after purchasing a ticket, we encourage you to transfer your ticket to someone who can attend. Should the Junior League of Baton Rouge cancel the event, the amount of your ticket purchase will be credited to your original form of payment or transferred to a future event date.
Customers are solely responsible to ensure that the ticket is not duplicated. The Junior League of Baton Rouge is not responsible for lost, damaged, stolen or improperly redeemed tickets. Tickets cannot be redeemed for cash or applied as payment to any other ticket. All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. You voluntarily assume all risks incident to the event, including the risk of lost, stolen or damaged property or personal injury. The Junior League of Baton Rouge may refuse entry to you for violation of these rules, misconduct, or failure to comply with any security measures.
No alcohol, pets or firearms allowed at the event, but strollers and wagons are welcome provided they remain in your vehicle.
Photographers will be on-site during the event and photographs may be used by the Junior League of Baton Rouge to assist in promotional, educational, and/or fundraising activities on behalf of the Junior League of Baton Rouge, Inc. and as such, may be shown to the general public. I understand that no salary, commission or wage of any sort shall be due for, or in connection with said photographs, videotape, or interviews, nor shall any residual or royalty or money of any sort be due on account of said publication use of the photograph, videotape, or interview. Attending guests will release and discharge the Baton Rouge Junior League, Inc. from any and all claims and demands arising out of, or in connection with the use of the photographs, videotape, or interviews, including without limitation any and all claims for invasion of privacy. I further waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written copy that may be created in connection therewith.
QUESTIONS: Please contact the Junior League of Baton Rouge at email@example.com for more information.
Learn more Touch A Truck event details at www.touchatruckbr.org